Powered by Blogger.

Aslan {Day 17: An Art Piece}

by - 8:00 PM

My first reaction when I saw today's post: "An art piece?? Seriously?!"

I'm not really an artist. And while I appreciate artists, I'm not really that into art.

So I've been thinking all day about WHAT to post.

And then it hit me. The only art I really like is Narnia concept art.

^click

To me, this is one of the most beautiful moments in the movie (Prince Caspian). The reunion of Aslan and Lucy, and the loyalty and simple faith of their relationship is wonderful. It's the kind of relationship I want to have with my Savior. Running into his arms. Savoring every moment. And loving him with every fiber in my being.

I can't wait to meet him face to face. And when we do, I think it'll look a little something like this piece of concept art. I long for the day when we'll be reunited once more. But until then, I'll just wait, falling more and more in love with him each day, and waiting until we're together again.

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Mmm that is SUCH a beautiful picture. I love how you explained why that's the picture you chose...I often think, "How incredibly cool would it be if Jesus was a big fluffy, huggable lion??" But then I realize, He's going to be so much greater than we can ever imagine :)
    Awesome thought-provoking choice of art, friend ;D

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really need to stop being so inspiring. I'm not sure how much more I can take, Sweet Skylee!! ;-) No, I kid, keep on inspiring me. That picture makes me want to cry, I love it so much. Thank you for sharing. <3

    Love,
    ~Half-Pint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet picture! Very beautiful. ♥ xo.

    ReplyDelete