Powered by Blogger.

Childhood Memories {Day 26}

by - 8:10 PM

Okay, so it's day 26... a childhood memory.

*stares at the screen*

People, I'm suffering from writer's block. Blogger's block. This isn't supposed to happen!

Well, one of my favorite childhood memories is going camping in the mountains with my family. Making s'mores, cooking hamburgers. One camping trip in particular, we ended up hanging out with a family that we knew but weren't very close to. We had invited other families, but they had all canceled for one reason or another, and we weren't sure why we had ended up spending time with this one family. It ended up that a few months after our camping trip, they ended up losing their six year old daughter. That was one of the hardest years of my life, especially because we had watched a family lose their 3-month-old baby due to an underdeveloped brain earlier that year. But God pulled me through it, and I am here to say that he never lets go.

I also love (or still love) watching train DVDs with my dad, watching chick-flicks with my mom, swinging in the backyard, playing Barbies with the lil' sis, going outside with my brother, & playing in the sandbox.

Ahhh... I miss those good old days. :)

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sounds like fun! Not the dying, of course, I'm very sorry to hear about that :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camping sounds like fun, and s'mores are DA BOMB!!!!
    Yikes, that sounds like a really tough time. But I'm glad God helped you through it!!

    Love always,
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete