Powered by Blogger.

In a Nutshell: January 2016

by - 9:29 PM



Last year, I started doing monthly recaps. After a while, they got to be too much to keep up with, but I've always wanted to go back to them. Thus, I present a new bloggity feature thing: In a Nutshell. It'll be more condensed than my previous monthly recaps. I intend to use this as a way to let you know what I've been up to, as well as to keep as a record of what I've been doing in my life (since I am a very forgetful person). What was I saying? Oh. Well, let's get to it. Here's January 2016 in a nutshell.
LIFE!!!
  • I got my nose pierced. That was a huge thing. In order to start off 2016 right, I felt compelled to be brave and just DO THE THING. I haven't regretted it in the slightest. (Though the aftercare took some practice.)
  • There was a lot of taking-care-of-tiny-children. Our conversations include Hulk Smash and swimming pools full of chocolate milk.

  • My iPod completely broke out of the blue. Much of my time was spent agonizing over the sheer awfulness of using an iPod 2 as a backup, and then happily remembering the passcode to my old iPod 4.
  • I got back into crocheting for some random reason, and I completed an infinity scarf from last year and also made my very first HAT. (I've been crocheting since I was nine or so, and I have never made a HAT!!)
  • I watched a ton of Jacksepticeye videos. Possibly too many.
  • I. Fell. In. Love. With. Hamilton. I can't even speak coherently about this. I am not throwing away my shot.
In the Blogosphere


To kick off the year, I decided to take on the challenge of making myself an accordion menu. What resulted was a new novels page.

This was a busy month for me as far as writing blog posts goes. I posted here on Wednesdays and on The Fangirl Initiative on Thursdays. One of the biggest things was the accidental creation of Young and Sick, where I now post on Fridays. Integrating the word spoonie into my online identity was another huge thing, as was self love. Overall, I became bolder. I wrote some blog posts that terrified me, but I took steps towards becoming the writer I want to be.

It's been an amazing start to the year. If you want to see everything I wrote in January, click here. (I had to make this page for all of my blog posts because in two years, I will probably remember nothing.)

Here's What You Liked...


Some of you came to this blog via these search results...
  • "stink at bowling" gutter
  • bilbo writing
  • nose piercing 2016
  • sebastian stan grandparents

Here's What I Liked...


Writing

While quite a bit of this month was dedicated to nonfiction blog posts, I still found time to occasionally work on Spaceboy. All of it has been written in January, as far as I know, so my writing came to a total of about 8k (ish).

Music

Eyes Shut - Years and Years
Luxury - Jon Bellion
Lay It All on Me - Rudimental and Ed Sheeran
Polaroid - Imagine Dragons
Rumble - Brooke Waggoner
400 Lux - Lorde
Good to Be Alive (Hallelujah) - Andy Grammer
Love Yourself - Justin Bieber
Who Do You Love - Marianas Trench
Ooh - Jon Bellion
Downtown - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
House of Gold - Twenty One Pilots
Waiting for Love - Avicii
Trouble - Avicii

(There was also Hamilton. So much Hamilton. I'm in love with Hamilton.)

Tune in next time to see...

  • Me fumbling through the second month of the year
  • Me crying, wondering how the heck you write a book about space
  • My attempts to make it through the day by rewarding myself with copious amounts of coffee (with dubious results)
  • My loud, almost-constant performance of Hamilton as a one-woman show (includes bad rapping)
  • Me trying to become an adult with my life together (just kidding, this will not happen)

What about you? What was your January 2016 like?

P.S. - As some of you may have seen on Twitter, I'm contemplating starting a story and posting installments of it on Wattpad. Should I do this? Pros? Cons? Let me know!

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I LOVE Glory and Gore. Thank you for reminding me about that one. I may just put it on February's playlist! ;)

    Thank you so much! I'm fond of it. XD

    That's awesome! I'm so glad you've been working on it and would love to hear what it's about. :D

    Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an eventful month, I would like to get bolder, I'm always hesitant to put myself out there. I'm trying to be an adult too, mostly I just fake it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you. I've become very good at faking my adultness. ;) I'm learning that becoming bolder just takes time, so it's not an immediate thing. I'm still learning how. Sending you lots of love as you go through that journey!

      Delete
  3. I love your Twitter handle name! I've heard much of Hamilton and my bestie showed me some of the songs. I haven't caught on with the craze, but I at least now know what it is. XD Yay for progress in your book! You can do it! My January felt like it was two months long. I had my best friend over for a week and skiing and editing and catching up on stuff I procrastinated over the holidays. XD

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a Nutshell! I just love that. You come up with the best titles!

    Just the other day someone suggesting Hamilton to my friend and me. I guess I need to check out this thing!

    As far as putting your story on Wattpad. YES. DO IIITTTT!!!! Okay, I've never actually used Wattpad myself except to read a couple of things, BUT I WANT TO READ YOUR THINGS. I've wanted to read your beautimous stories for the longest. So that would be amazing!

    Hope your February is fabulous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, is Hamilton something I need to get into? Cause like, everyone is exploding about it and I feel like I need to know what this is all about? Also, AH! You have my current favorite Marianas Trench song on your list!

    I love your stay tune in for list, it sounds a lot like my February is going to be with just a few tweaks. As for the Wattpad, I've never really used it nor do I know a ton about it so I don't have any helpful advice, but I would read anything you put up there!

    Hope you have an epic February, Sky! And figure out how to write a book about space. =)

    ReplyDelete