Powered by Blogger.

remember to breathe

by - 9:04 PM

Hello, WriMos (aka, those who are undertaking the NaNoWriMo adventure). How did your first day go?

Mine started out awfully. I hadn't slept well at all last night due to excitement and a bit of anxious anticipation. When I woke up, I began doubting my decision to ever undertake NaNo, and thus became very anxious - even more than I was when I woke up. I started my novel anyway, but it felt a bit lackadaisical, and my poor prologue suffered.

I took a break from writing to do school, chores, and live life. During this time I prayed. Hard. I still got the same sense: I am supposed to do NaNo. It's good for me. I need to write and abandon my inner editor. Or better yet, shove my inner editor into a closet. Either one.

God basically reminded me that if he told me to do this, He'll give me the strength to follow through. I need to remember why I write in the first place. Remember that this is for fun. And best of all, remember to breathe.

Guys, we can do this. Just remember to take some time off. Try to forget about your novel for at least a little while. Spend some time with your family. Watch a movie. Play a video game. Read a book.

And best of all, remember to breathe.


Letters from the NaNo home front: After my initial breakdown, I started chapter one. Getting into my main character Riah's perspective really helped the story flow, and I'm ending the day with 5,000 words, though it took me a while to get there - I've been writing all day! :P What's your current wordcount?

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ooh! That's really good, just think, you're a 10th of the way through in ONE DAY!!!

    I hit the 3000 word mark yesterday. :)

    P.S. What's your NaNo username so we can buddy each other? If you want, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow for 5,000 words!!! Pretty impressive!

    My day went way, way better than I thought it would - much better than it did last year. =D I think last year I just barely got to 16,667 words, but this time I did over 2,000. I'm at 4,280 now!

    (Love that - "remember to breathe." Haha great advice! =D)

    ReplyDelete