Powered by Blogger.

in which i am discouraged & brain dead

by - 3:57 PM

ok, so i'll be honest.

despite all my pep talks about NaNoWriMo, and how awesome it was going to be, and how much we'll have fun...

i am burning out.

it's the end of week 1 and i'm wondering if we'll ever get done. if i'll ever have a real, true, cohesive novel in my hands by the end of this month.

i probably won't.

and that's what frustrates me.

yes, i'll have written a novel. i'll have written 50,000 words. but then i have to EDIT. *cue scary music*

can you see why i'm beginning to freak out now?

not only that, but my outline is falling apart. i don't know what i'm doing or what my characters are going to do next. i think i need to poke them with a cattle prong, but the only thing that would work to do so is scheduled for chapter 7, not chapter 5. what am i going to do for 2 chapters until then?

sigh.

okay, i know that you NaNo'ers are probably feeling the same way. so be honest. are you burnt out yet? what's the hardest part of NaNo so far? and are all your perfect plans turning out less-than-perfect?

yeah, mine too.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh bother, dear.

    Perhaps some more coffee and music?

    But if not...

    the one thing I've noticed if I need to "fill in" space, is that the story just needs to go differently, or else cut to the chase faster.

    Either that, or for filler just make them do something stupid/pointless/silly until things need to get moving.

    I know I probably didn't help much..... well, just know I'll be praying for you and your Novel, dear! <3

    ReplyDelete