Powered by Blogger.

Things I've Learned at 2 a.m.

by - 8:20 PM


What I do when

I'm too tired to fall asleep...

I write lists. About things I've learned at 2 a.m.

1. Sleep is elusive
2. It's probably dumb to drink even a small cup of caffeine before bed
3. Snoring can sound like multiple things, including a duck, a nasally voice, and a buzzer on one of those TV game shows.
4. It is extremely fun to sing and play guitar at the top of my lungs at 11 p.m.
5. Inspiration visits late at night, I've noticed.
6. I'm tired. Very tired.
7. Robes look a lot scarier in the dark.
8. If you scare yourself when you look in the mirror, it's probably a bad thing.
9. It's possible to be tired but simply unable to go to sleep. Believe me, I know.
10. Fuzzy pink reindeer pants are cute, but do not guarantee sleepiness.
11. Blog posts should not be written after 10 pm.
12. I should go live in Owl City. Get it? Night owl? Owl City, where all the owls live and everything? Oh never mind.


But when I look at the stars,
I feel like myself...

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Oh my word. I loved this. It made me wish I hadn't have fallen asleep so quickly last night. What would be even better is if we hadn't had been able to fall asleep and I was staying at your house. Then we could have written that awesome list together. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me last night! Of course, I started to read when I couldn't fall asleep... ;)

    Thank you for the sweet notes, NW sister! They made me smile and the Bible verses made me cry.

    Love & Hugs, Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mountie! Hello! :)

    This is Malkah! It has taken far too long to get over here, but oh my! Your blog is just LOVELY in every way! :D I will definitely be following and I'm excited to read more posts!

    And by the way, if you're applying for Owl City citizenship, I'll join you, sleep or no sleep. :D

    - Mal

    ReplyDelete