Powered by Blogger.

NaNoWriMo

by - 10:04 PM

I have a confession.

I'm in the midst of NaNoWriMo.

I hadn't told anyone because I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up and then back out. But since it's Week 3, I think there's little chance of doing that.

My story is going ... well, it's going. I hated it for a while. Then, after the introduction of a giant fridge, homicidal strangers, and a random knitting class of a bunch of old ladies, things are picking up.

My word count isn't as high as some people (*cough* Georgie Penn *cough*), but it's okay. I didn't expect to reach the ultimate goal anyway. For now I'm just writing as much as I possibly can, when I can. And that's all I can do.

My document has become a formatter's nightmare. I decided to throw perfection to the wind and go with whatever font inspires at me at the time. So far, my document looks like this:

Tonight I utilized the WriMo's best friend - Write or Die. I forgot to change the grace period to "forgiving" and instead left it at "strict", so it scared the daylights about me when I was suddenly greeted with the annoying strains of "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" after not writing for a minute. Later, I was graced by the presence of an off-key rendition of Fur Elise. Not to mention the bright red flashing screen that burned my eyeballs. (Those of you who have used Write or Die know what I mean.) It was annoying in the most extreme sense.

Well, at least it got me to write.

You May Also Like

0 comments