Powered by Blogger.

I'm a poet, didn't you know it?! :D

by - 8:28 PM

It's the middle of summer, and my feet are cold.
I could put two pairs of socks on... if I get bold
Why did I try to start off with this rhyme?
I think I just committed a writer's crime...
I need to stop but I just can't do it
I'm a poet at heart when it comes down to it
I'm not just cold but I'm hungry too
I guess, if I wanted to, I could get some food.
I'm growing tired of this rhyming game
But I kind of enjoy it even if it's lame
I decided it's been so long since I wrote anything
So you'd better read this post with lots of rejoicing
I'd make an excuse,
But what would I say? There's really no use.
I've been busy, that's true, but I've said that before
I'd better stop before I write anymore
I hope you enjoyed this post long overdue
I wrote it specifically for you, and you.
My faithful readers, even if they are few.
I'll try to post soon, it's been too long, I know.
But now it's time for me to go.
My blog entries will soon become valuable as gold.
Since it's the middle of a busy summer...
...and my feet are still cold.

You May Also Like

0 comments